Blackjack is a simple game to understand and play but has many strategies to win. Although there is no single full-proof strategy to ensure a win, applying a well-tried and tested approach can increase your chances. To ace a blackjack casino, you must first understand the value of your cards, and then you must master card counting to know when the best time is to hit or stand. Adopting certain tips and strategies while playing the blackjack game can take players from securing an odd win to becoming pros at it. Here, we talk about the best blackjack tips and strategies to maximize your odds of winning when playing online blackjack in Indian casinos.
Top Blackjack Casino Games Tips and Strategies
- Always follow the basic Blackjack strategy and stick to it. The player must always assume that the card they cannot see is a ten, and the odds are high that it is. Cards 2 – 9 are counted at their face value while 10, jack, queen, and king are worth 10 points. You can use an ace either as a 1 or 11. At any point, if you are unsure what to play, you can follow the basic strategy charts – cards that tell you how to play any given hand optimally. The chart can tell you when to hit, stand, split, or double down. Although this doesn’t guarantee your win, it can significantly improve your odds. You can find these charts either online or in the form of pocket cards that most casinos will have. You can play and practice on several available blackjack apps.
- Remember to use hand signals to tell the dealer your intentions. Dealers are not allowed to take verbal instructions from players. So, if you want the dealer to “hit your hand” (or deal another card), scratch the table between you and the cards. If you wish to “stand” (keep the cards you have), keep your hand perpendicular to the table and wave it, without moving your arm. Suppose you double-down (put the chips equal to or less than your original bet, and use one finger to get one card. If you want to play a split, put up chips equal to the original bet, make a “peace” signal with the fingers, and show it towards the cards without touching them.
- Always double your bet if your first two cards total 11. Split pairs of aces and 8’s, and remember that you are betting on getting a 10.
- Do not split 10 value cards or pair of 5 cards. Play the 2 5’s like a 10. If you play 2 5’s like a 10, you have a good chance of getting a ten and even a twenty when you hit.
- The blackjack game works in streaks. If you have constantly been winning with three or more hands in a row, you can raise your bet a bit to maximize your profit. When you begin to lose, reduce your bet. Do not wait too long to cash in. If you walk away with the win, choose a set amount or goal to spend. When you have reached that goal or doubled that money, cash in and walk away. You must resist the temptation to keep playing as your luck may change anytime and you may give up everything to the house.
- Ensure that you sign up for any reward programs and award points the blackjack online casino offers. The points are valid for the time you play and your bet amount.
Dos and Don’ts for First-Time Blackjack Players
- Select a betting game with a minimum amount.
- Tip your dealer during the game, as dealers get most of their income from these tips. Even if you don’t win, it’s blackjack etiquette to tip for good service.
- The most important rule is to set a limit and stop playing once you reach there.
- Do not gamble for more amount than you can afford to lose
- Do not let other players tell you how to play, even if it is your first time, and don’t get intimidated.
- Once the game has begun, do not touch your cards or bets. The dealer will help you in any way.
- Do not place electronic devices on a live blackjack table as they are not permitted.
Remember the above tips and tricks while playing your next blackjack casino game. Then, enjoy your favorite game, have fun, and walk away a winner.
Read Also: Online Casinos: Their Specifics and Games